Dear Runners & Walkers,
Thank you for being a part of the 3rd Annual Run for Wilmington 5K/Kim Forte Walk! We spent months preparing for this great family event and want to thank each of you for your continued support.
On April 15, 2013, at the Boston Marathon, we were given yet another reminder of how important it is to celebrate the gift of life and promote kindness throughout our community. Today gives us an opportunity to do just that!
Through your race registrations alone, you have helped dozens of Wilmington non-profits receive thousands of dollars in funding from the proceeds of this race. In addition WOW can continue to:
- Award scholarships to deserving high school seniors
- Fund Wilmington Library museum passes
- Present an iPad to a Wilmington teacher who incorporates community service into their curriculum
- Provide holiday gifts for local families
- Support the Wilmington Food Pantry with seasonal items, such as back to school backpacks and spring cleaning baskets
- And much, much more!
Many things to Lou, Tim, and all of Kim Forte’s family and friends for their continued support and for sharing Kim’s message with us… “Skip, smile, and dance through life, this is not the dress rehearsal.”
The Women of Wilmington